Tuesday, July 20, 2010


Possibly giving Up on Neckties? Just Kidding


Now That We Are on the Subject of Aliens and Outer Space

I may have a new job, which will impact this blog.  Most likely this is not going to happen but I do have a job interview next month.  If I get this position then I will not be able to continue selling neckties or writing important or un-important articles for this blog.  This was a employment ad in Craigh's List.

Astronaut needed for experimental flight to Titan. I have been working on this project now for near 40 years and am afraid I'm no longer fit enough to go. My secret space craft is the result of my professional experience and imagination while serving the U.S. military in advanced aeronautics as a scientist. The craft harnesses a revolutionary propulsion system and its fuselage is fabricated with the most advanced material. While considerably safe,

I am certain you will make it safely to Titan but there will not be enough fuel to get home. This is for someone unique that has always wanted to see the universe first and has perhaps a terminal view on life here at home. Here's your shot at romantic history.

Must be:
- physically fit.
- mentally sound.
- over the age of 18.
- a dreamer.
- a believer.
- not afraid of heights.
- not afraid of extreme conditions such as speed, pressure, heat, etc.
- brave.
- no taller than 5'10 and relatively slim.
- good eye-sight & hearing.
- manual dexterity (although the craft is largely cpu controlled).
- OK in cramped conditions for long periods of time.

Location: Northern Alberta
Compensation: $25,000 CASH.
This is a contract job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.


Visit Ties.com to buy quallity neckties

1 comment :

  1. Special Award for About Ties

    Hi there,

    I have been following your blog for a while and I am extremely impressed with your posts, particularly the one on the history of neckties. We have a men’s fashion blog, Be Suave (http://pocketchange.become.com/category/mens-fashion), which covers everything from athletic wear to men’s skin care.

    We currently average around 1.5 to 2k unique visitors per day at our shopping blog homepage with users clicking through to an average of 500 single posts. We are always looking for blogs with exceptional content. I feel that your site is outstanding and I wanted to present our Editor’s Pick to Sophisticated Gentleman.

    If you feel this would be something you might be interested in please let me know and I will happily answer any questions or queries you might have.

    Kind regards,

    Briana Hernandez
    Briana.hernandez@become.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here